Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Back in the Saddle...

It has been a LONG time since I have got out my sewing machine. Being a mom to a toddler makes it so hard to find time for yourself. I guess it was sort of my new year's resolution to start doing things for myself. I am still trying to learn how to balance keeping the house clean, getting dinner on the table, taking care of Elizabeth, AND have "me time". But I figure, if we have to eat take out every once in a while or the dishes don't get done until tomorrow morning... the world is not going to stop spinning. In fact, I think it makes everyone a little bit happier because Momma is happy because she took time for herself.

I encourage everyone to take just a little bit more time to forget all of your responsibilities (if only for a moment), and just doing something that truly makes you happy. For me... that thing is creating...quilts, handmade cards, paintings, cookies...anything really. For me, there is nothing more satisfying than making something with my own two hands and than standing back and admiring my handy work.

Here is my latest creation... a quilt for Alice who is due to be joining the family in May :) I know the colors are a little funky for a newborn baby girl... before Elizabeth was born I had everything picked out in pale pinks and greens... but then she came along and those colors just didn't seem to fit her. She has had a spunky personality since day one, and I have a feeling her sister is going to be the same way. If not... I guess I can always give this quilt away :)

This is a close up of the fabric


And these are the "Prairie Points" (I think that's the technical term )

No comments:

Post a Comment