Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Fall Y'all

Living is Southern Georgia, I consider the beginning of fall to be when I can walk to the mailbox and back without sweating like a sinner in church, sitting next to the preacher's wife.  In anticipation of that day, I have been doing a few little crafty things to add a little touch of fall around the house (hey, "If you build it, they will come"... right?)  


I have seen all kinds of tutorials for fabric pumpkins... and right now, my 2-year-old is going through a little bit of a pumpkin fetish... so I had to make a few:



Then I took an old canister I had laying around... painted it heirloom white...added a fabric bow and some vintage lace... stuck some flowers in it and now I have a pretty little floral arrangement that makes my heart smile


My front door looks pretty pitiful.  It is all beat up, and until I can decided what color I want to paint it, I decided to make a wreath that will hopefully distract guests' eyes from the ugly door.


Elizabeth decided to get in on the action too.  We were at the store and saw these little pumpkins and she just HAD to have one.  She colored all over it and then we put it outside for everyone to see.


What have you done to get ready for fall? 



I am linking up here :)





3 comments:

  1. LOVE the wreath!!! So cute. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath!! It looks so great! Love the contrast against the door!

    ReplyDelete