Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My first attempt at Shabby-Chic-ifying

I LOVE all things "Shabby Chic".  I have been want to paint some furniture that the Mr. and I have had for quite some time now but I haven't had the guts.  When I think of spray paint, I think of graffiti on the side of old buildings... not gorgeous DIY furniture.  But after doing a little bit of research (okay... A LOT of research) I decided it was the best way to go and I should give it a try.  But being the weeny I am, I decided to start small.

I found this cute picture from at Target on clearance for $3.  It was cute as is, but I loved all the little nooks and crannies and thought it would be perfect to try out some glazing.

And here is the after (please pardon the terrible picture... it was 3am... not the best lighting)

Details

The brown glaze got into all of those little wood grain crannies... I LOVE IT!


Over all, I think it turned out pretty good.  I think next time I might go a little heavier on the glaze and scuff up whatever I am working on a little more.  It was so easy and so much fun!  I have been looking around my house for more things to spray paint... stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment